The Westfield Pledge
We have made a commitment that during the course of their seven years at our school, all children will have the opportunity:
- To plant and grow plants and vegetables.
- To cook and taste a variety of foods.
- To visit a theatre, a museum and an art gallery.
- To learn to play a musical instrument and listen to a music group and a choir
- To sample a variety of sports and take part in competitions
- To travel on a bus, a train and a boat
- To visit the seaside, a river, the countryside, a farm, woodlands, a city , a town and a village.
- To work on a project with children from other classes and other year groups .
- To take part in an exchange of ideas and good wishes with pupils from other countries.
- To visit a church, a mosque and a temple and/or to meet religious leaders and have their questions answered.
- To take part in events in the local community.
- To work with a writer, an artist, a musician, a scientist and a sports specialist.
- To take part in off-site visits or in-school workshops every term.
- To participate in democratic elections for School Council members and develop junior Citizen skills.